Monday 2 December 2013

lost amongst the letterboxes.....



36degrees today, and it's only the second day of summer!

this is way too hot for my studio, but it means I can catch up with this blog.

anyone who knows me knows that I can get lost 2km from home.








during my recent trip to Queensland,  I left Agnes Water, some 2 hours south

of Gladstone,  to head back to Gladdie to meet up with my son. the plan

was for lunch and a swim at Tannum Sands, then a short drive

to Gladstone in time to pick him up at the Curtis Island ferry .

I left Agnes Water and couldn't believe the ingenuity and variety

of the letterboxes along the way.

I spent 2 hours happily hurtling along the highway, stopping and u-turning

to snap all these wonders of creativity and design.




















it was only when the road became decidedly more like a bush track

than a national highway  that I realised I had turned left, not right,

was heading south not north, and the road signs were giving mileage

to Brisbane, not Rockhampton, and I was on my way back to Melbourne!

so I had to abandon my photo-stops....and my hopes for a leisurely lunch

and swim...and flat-foot it in the opposite direction!



my favourite....it loomed out of the bush like something from 'The Jetsons'...
.but simple, no pretensions, and who cares if it's on an angle!

(all photos taken 31 Aug 2013, somewhere below Agnes Water , Qld!)



serendipitously, his ferry-crossing struck major delays, and it all ended happily. 

but I'd love to get more letterbox photos....I feel a new series brewing!

                               Jo  x

 ps: my 'pier-people' are coming along nicely.....   :)

work in progress
Jo-Ann Hunt©



No comments:

Post a Comment