Sunday 15 July 2012

St Kevin's Art Show 2012... and Vegemite.






What do St Kevin's and Vegemite have in common?

not much, except that I have a soft spot for both! 


St Kevins Art Show was the very first art show I entered many, many 


years ago, and to my amazement I won an award,


and it was that validation that was the catalyst 


for the start of my painting career.




'The Vegemite Kids'
Jo-Ann Hunt©
'The Child Within - Summer' Series
H51x101cm
H20x40ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold



I wonder if the judge that day realized the power of his approval?

I wonder if any of us fully comprehend the possible life-changing power 

of an encouraging word, a nod of acceptance, 

a certificate of praise, an 'elephant-stamp' for good behaviour.  

I'm all in favour of 'elephant-stamps'.........

wish our politicians deserved some!




'The Vegemite Kids'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©
(and this painting was exhibited and found a new home at this years show...
making me a happy-little-vegemite!)





The Vegemite Song


We're happy little Vegemites, as bright as bright can be, 

We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea, 

Our mummies say we're growing stronger every single week, 

Because we love our Vegemite, 

We all adore our Vegemite, 
It puts a rose in every cheek. 



remember... just a tad will do ya 




And I couldn't resist, I know that now you've read those words the tune in your head will drive you batty......

so just for you.... a trip down memory lane....if you are old enough!





               
                                           
            .........never without it in my house!    

                                                                            Jo  x








.

No comments:

Post a Comment