Tuesday 3 July 2012

Canterbury Art Exhibition ....part 3







autumn yellows and blues......a favourite colour combo of mine!




Most of my paintings are large, often 122cm....(48 inches)  or more.....

and because they are so big, they are also very time consuming.

 I usually work on a couple of paintings at a time.....or three or four....

and whilst one is drying I move to the next.

this is handy for when  I get 'stuck', meaning not knowing where to put

my brush next ,or more often it's when I can see there's a problem 


with the painting but can't work out what is wrong, 


then I can move to another canvas and return later with 'fresh' eyes.

 this way , my creative juices keep flowing, and my momentum

is uninterrupted.



'Long Hot Summer'
Jo-Ann Hunt©

but there are other times, when I just need a change of pace.

I need to do something differently to recharge my batteries.....

so I work 'small!'


'Long Hot Summer' was exhibited at the 2012  Canterbury Art Exhibition

and I've been commissioned by it's new owner to create a 'pair'  for

this painting.....but with two girls.  



'Long Hot Summer'
Jo-Ann Hunt
H30x30cm
H12x12ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold


  So 'J' , if you are reading this ......stay tuned ....it's almost, almost  finished!




                                                              Jo   x
















.

No comments:

Post a Comment