Friday 15 April 2011

Camberwell Rotary Art Show


Artwork by William Linford








Later today I'm heading off here.


I have work exhibited in the Camberwell Rotary Art Show.


this show has been running for 45 years, and is one of Australia's largest and best known indoor Art Competitions and Art Exhibitions, with work from established and emerging artists, and $55,000 of prizes.


the Show was always restricted to "traditional, representational art", and the prizes were/ are always awarded in this area (not my "contemporary art" offerings...)


however I've always had good  results at this show.... twice I've ended up on the stage ( read "in the spotlight, above the masses, with the show-ponies.... yay! go me! ) because , I guess, my artwork has a different look and appeals to a different market segment... a more 'contemporary' market.



but this year the poster is far edgier, more contemporary than its  ever been.... way more 'in your face'.... literally! ....and I suspect there are changes afoot!



I'll just have to go and see!



maybe I'll see you there!






Jo x









No comments:

Post a Comment